Friday, January 16, 2009

Manaus and Exiting the Amazon

````We spent two days in Manaus, which is as far as a cruise boat can go on the Amazon. We were there on Jan 13 and 14. We then went to the town of Parintins where we saw a show setting up a Mardi Gras like celebration. We had local rum and lime in a drink. Today we are just leaving Alter do Chao, a beautiful beach near the mouth of the Amazon. We bought two dried piranha fish. There mouth of teeth are scary.``````````````````````````````

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I received my flowers for my birthday!! Thank you!!
Marlene Morris' mother died (Malvina Louque). Just wanted to let you know. Glad ya'll are having a good time!! Stay safe!!
Love Lynnie

amy said...

Hi Megan,
You sound like you are having a great time, cannot wait to see the photos. Luke is walking and turned 1 friday. Tell your Mom that he loved his gifted. Sorry I have been so bad about writting. Tell your parents hello.

cherie said...

I will start reading your blog. Do you have Joy's blog address? She writes nasty stuff sometimes, so I don't know if I should tell you how to get to it. Cherie

Ginny said...

We love the blog! Ginny

Renee said...

Megan,
OMG! I am learning something new. I have never done a blog before. Only for you :) I miss you all very much and am glad you are having fun. What a great experience. Thanks for my birthday flowers. The arrangement had yellow roses, my favorite. They are still alive in the center of my table. BTW-Peter renamed the little one again. It is Sully! Stay safe. We luv u!

Nancy said...

Dear Megan: I can't believe you have time to think about us on such a wonderful trip. Danny had a great birthday, celebrating with family. I guess Peter told you about the "little man's" accident, but I think he is okay. Enjoy every moment of this trip and take lots of pictures to share with us when you return. May you always walk with Angels, Mimi